Saturday 16 October 2010





There is definitely something about being as silent as a person can be. Breathing is admired when nobody is talking; breathing becomes rhythmic and musical and is noticed. Heartbeats are ignored when it’s loud. We expect our hearts to beat and if someone’s decides to suddenly stop we are shocked and saddened. How could that just happen? I find breathing irritating and heartbeats make me cringe. At night, I wish I could be completely silent. I wish the world could be completely silent. I want sleep to mimic death every single night. Last night I took some strong painkillers for a horrible headache and I slept for 11 hours. It was very quiet and cosy in my codeine blanket eventually, but before I slept I was restless and my thoughts in my head which always form a sort of narration were being spoken aloud in slow motion. None of the words made sense, which reminded me of what happens when you’re little and you say the same word over and over until it means nothing and sounds completely alien. Wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder. Wonder? If you say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment