Thursday 25 March 2010

So far I've spent today finding 1GB of music to put on my iPod when I go home tomorrow. I have 86GB free, so I have no problem adding to it every time I go back, which isn't often anyway. I found some old live Gabriel era Genesis performances of the Lamb, some Patti Smith, Bracket, CocoRosie and lots of others. I love spending the day listening to bits of things, even if it means never really finishing a song.

This week has been fantastic. On Saturday I went to York with my friend to see Emma Pollock at the Duchess. We spent the day eating and playing on musical instruments in shops. On Sunday I got up early and got the train to London to see my Rachel and Holly. We went for lunch and then saw Patti smith at the Union Chapel at night. Patrick Wolf played violin for her, which was a nice surprise. Both gigs I saw were brilliant. Yesterday I spent the day with my longest and closest Hull friend Heather. Tomorrow I am going back to my parents' house in the morning. I get to spend the whole day with my mum, so we're going to go for lunch :) Then on Saturday, fuck me, we're going to see Peter Gabriel in London. This will be the first time I have seen him live and I can't even begin to explain my excitement. He's like Tori in the way that he has always been in my life because my parents listened to him a lot when I was young.

1 comment:

  1. I just hope he wears the flower outfit for you ;) Or plays Lambs Lie Down on Broadway! At least I think that's what it's called?

    ReplyDelete